Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fast & Fabulous Masking



I think the Fast & Fabulous hostess stamp set might be my favorite set right now. I just got it and I love it!
The colors I used in this card are Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Perfect Plum and Whisper White card stock and Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Perfect Plum ink.
I used the Just Believe Stamp for the sentiment and inked only the 'believe' word with a marker, without the 'd' that's on the stamp and punched it out with the Modern Label punch.


I used masking to make the flower image which means that I stamped my flower on plain computer paper and then carefully cut it out. I then stamped my image again on my card stock and put removable adhesive on the back of my cut out shape. I stuck this over my stamped image and stamped around it overlapping the flower. It does not show up over the main flower because it has the paper over the top. When you remove the paper on the top you then have a stamped image that looks like your main flower is in front of the other flowers.


To make the button I used Perfect plum card stock and punched out five 1" circles. I used two-way glue to stick them together in an even stack. I then punched two 3/4" circles in my paper and cut out the 1" circle centered over it so I had the two outside rings. I used two-way glue to put these on the outside and punched my holes in the middle with the Crop-a-dile. I used the sanding block to sand the outside edges so they are smooth and you can't see the stack of paper edges. I put it on wax paper and then I covered it with Crystal Effects. Once it dries you have a button in any color!
You can get my FREE written tutorial on how to make these buttons HERE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails